Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Some young Mexican university students receive th Gospel

     Some years ago we were travelling down a pothole filled Mexican highway in an old, overloaded bus.  It was a hot night and the bus was not air-conditioned.  I felt led to start a conversation with two university students seated in front of us.  Of course, Satan was telling me these  finely educated young Mexican men would not be interested in what an old Gringo had to say about RELIGION.  But, finally I gave each of them a Gospel tract and leaned back, having "done my duty".
     After reading the tract one turned around in his seat and began to ask me some sincere questions.  I soon warmed to my game and was giving him his very own Bible lesson.  His seatmate was listening to all of it.  When I finally asked him if he wanted to invite Christ into his heart not only did he respond in the affirmative but, his seatmate did so also.  I was SHOCKED when I heard other voices behind me responding also.  I turned to see several others had formed a little congregation behind me in the aisle.  There were over a dozen that accepted Christ at that moment.  JUST AT THAT VERY MOMENT the bus stopped beside the road and the two students and several others got off.  The original young man that asked the first question stepped back on the steps of the bus and told me if he never saw me again on this earth he'd see me in Glory.
     When I sat back in my seat I was SWEATING, not from the heat of the night, but because of the reality of the fact -- if I had waited a little longer it would have been too late!  WOW!  That was close!

2 comments:

  1. Great story! And I thought I knew them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story. Look what happened by just being obedient. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete