Sunday, February 26, 2012

Another Personal Mission story!

This has been a very busy and blest weekend for me.  Friday I drove up to Delano CA to be in a Missions Conference in Immanuel Baptist Church, one of our fine supporting church for over THREE DECADES.  I came rushing back so Alana could attend a youth activity Sat. afternoon.
   Then today we had a WONDERFUL service at out new mission in El Chicote!  In fact, we had the largest attendance today we have had with  53 present!
     For the first time we broke up into THREE groups.  The children were on the bus with two workers from the Bible College.  Pastor Daniel from the Rosarito  church had the youth for the first time they had had a class and Edna, Jonathan Bell and I had the adults.  I am AMAZED at how quickly these adults have become SO faithful as well as the youth and children.  They are SO proud of their "little church"!
     There was something very special that happened during and after the service.  I was telling the people how fortunate we are in the Baja to have a lot more freedom with the Gospel than many of the tribes in the south.  I related how some villages of the Indians have been wiped out.  I saw a lady tear up.  After the service she told us that her father had experienced that very thing.  His first wife, children, father, mother, brothers and sisters had all been killed and he was the only one that escaped.  Later, he had married her mother and had a new family.  Because of all he had been thru he saw a "Christian Church", went in and was saved.  He hardly spoke Spanish.  He only spoke their dialect.  Being in the city, he had to learn Spanish.  He had no education but learned to read the Bible and soon became a great preacher.  He is now with the Lord.
     We rejoiced with her over the great heritage in the Lord she has had and is now carrying forward what she had been taught.
     Friends, when we all stand before the Lord, I think a lot of the BIG preachers will have to step back and let humble men like her father step forward for their reward.  I know I will.  We have it SO easy.  And I am SOOO blest to still be able to serve on the mission field.  I THOROUGHLY enjoy preaching in the little wooden building to such hungry people for the Word.  Thanks once again for making it possible.  Bro Don

No comments:

Post a Comment