Sunday, February 26, 2012

A tribute to a special servant of the Lord

Maybe a man isn't supposed to brag on his wife; but, I've never been politically correct anyway. I am talking about the most faithful wife, mother, grandmother, greatgrandmother and FRIEND in the world! When I think of all she has been thru in life and still has that loving face, I am amazed! There are very few women in the world that would give up what she gave up to come to the mission field and live as she has lived for 35 years. And most of all not complain.
She STILL loves Mexico and her people. She is SOOO loved and respected by SO many people. She has never been one to be in the limelight. She never became a great speaker to ladies groups. She has just LOVED PEOPLE and been their friend. Edna does not know what an enemy is. I have seen people that have stabbed us in the back and when she sees them she is as friendly as ever.
Her once beautiful face has changed into a kind one. Her gait is now very slow. Her sight is almost completely gone but her spirit still shines thru.
For SO many years we were so busy raising our family and many others and so busy with our various ministries we had little time until recently for ourselves.
Four weeks ago this Sunday I sat on the high stool I need to sit on to preach now and preached the first service of our 19th mission. She sat in a chair beside me where she has been all those 35 years on the field. When we come before the Lord I already know what God is going to say to Edna -- "You certainly made Don look good." Love you, honey! Your loving husband

No comments:

Post a Comment